Thursday, August 30, 2007

Challengers

As keen followers of my blog (yes, you) will know, I went on a Tall Ship across the Atlantic last year. It was an amazing experience and I wholly recommend it to anybody.

Anyway, it seems that the organisation that runs the ships, the Tall Ships Youth Trust, is making a loss and they are going to sell one of the ships and purchase 4 Global Challenger yachts.

There are a lot of comments about such a move on Facebook and, whilst I like the idea of 2 ships, I prefer the idea of the trust existing a little more.

As it happens, I was walking past Berthon marina in Lymington a couple of weeks ago and noticed the challenger boats laid up there. So, this afternoon, I popped down to have a closer look.

I got talking to a chap who was working on one of the boats (plain livery, used to be 'BP Explorer') who told me that it and 'Spirit of Sark' were due to be ready by the end of September and 'Save the Children' and 'Pindar' by the end of November.

I took some pictures of all four (and the other 5 they had there too)

Let's hope that they are as enjoyable to use as the Tall Ship that the Trust need to sell.



BP Explorer (as was)




Spirit of Sark



Save the Children




Pindar


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home