Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday 13th (oops) May - Seattle - Breakfast

Woke at 5:30am. Which is really 1:30pm, which is late - even for me. Went downstairs for tea (which I was promised at check-in: "Free tea and coffee in the lobby from 5:30").

Now, usually I've got my head around the fact that I'm never going to get a good cup of tea once I've got on a plane, until I'm back at home again (actually, that's not true: there's a great place for tea in Boston (Chez Tim) - but you get the picture). So, why oh why did I think to myself as I got in the lift (I've given up looking for the stairs in American hotels) "Ooh goody - I could really do with a nice cup of tea".


  • A flask of Hot (whatever use that might be) water.
  • Assorted novelty tea bags (most of which weren't even tea. The bloody S.Africans seem to be doing a pretty good job of trying to export that Roibos (?sp) muck to anywhere without taste buds.)
  • Cream - no milk.

I was crushed.

Went around the corner for a "Full Breakfast" with orange juice.

(I promise this will not turn into a John-style "What I ate across America" blog - probably)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home