Saturday, May 14, 2005

Friday 13th (oops) May - Seattle - Afternoon/Evening

Back to the hotel for a siesta.

One of the books I bought earlier was a Dictionary of Symbols, which is fascinating, if a little biased to certain types of symbols.

In this hotel, they organise wine tasting for an hour each day from 5 to 6. I turned up in the, rather compact, lobby to find a couple of well dressed folks handing out small glasses of wine. I tried one white and four reds. I don't drink red wine as a rule and found it quite hard telling the difference between them. Ensconsed in a corner, however, it was a perfect spot for some serious people-watching.

A visit to the front desk to enquire where it was safe to wander around in town told me that Pioneer Square was not so good, as it was full of 'Young People' who like to party, and some homeless folks. As that's right next to the stadium, where the local team were playing the Red Sox (baseball), I duly went anyway.

Busy bars, lots of folks walking with a single purpose towards the stadium. Some down-n-outs in the square itself. All pretty standard stuff.

Eschewing the many sports bars, I went back to the hotel for dinner and an early night. I know I promised; but the Sweet Potato Gnocchi was really worth a mention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home